Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do boys eat a lot more when they reach teenage years?

My son who was a very subtle eater has all of a sudden had a surge in his appetite.Do boys eat a lot more when they reach teenage years?
Yes! My brother is currently 13 (almost 14) and he eats so much! In the morning he'll eat a big bowl of cerial and a glass of orange juice. Then for lunch at school, he'll like 3 burritos! And other sides. For dinner he'll usually have something big like a burger, pasta, etc. Also fruit, another side, and a glass of chocolate milk.


He's not over weight though. I'm shocked he's not though. He's like 100 pounds only.Do boys eat a lot more when they reach teenage years?
OMG yes. My 16 year old son eats more than the other 4 of us combined. And he's still skinny!
for sure. It is because they are about to have the biggest growth spurt since they were born. Expect to see him grow overnight now. Puberty is here
If my brother is any indication...yes, definitely. That kid had a crazy appetite when he was a teenager. He'd come home from school and devour a bunch of food, then eat a huge meal at supper a couple of hours later...did that for years.
They are going through puberty and a major growth spurt during adolescence so yes they are going to gobble down more. I have 5 brothers and when the older ones became teenagers, we couldn't keep food in the fridge. It's totally normal as long as he's very active.
My oldest is 15, and my second one is almost 13, and the next one is going on 12.... and yes, they eat more... may the gods have mercy on my refrigerator in a couple of years. Encourage lots of healthy choices, by the way... my oldest would live on Hot Cheetos and Dr. Pepper if I let him! hehe Good luck! :)
ya its the biggest part of there growing years
YES. During the teenage years, puberty begins and teens start their growth spurt. Guys eat a ton and pudge out a bit, but then they grow rapidly. I used to eat a fairly limited amount (but still a normal portion) but now that I'm a teen (I'm 16) I've been eating like crazy. I'm not fat, but a little pudgy and I've grown about 6 inches in the past year...
  • mascara eye liner
  • lower eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment