Thursday, July 29, 2010

Could a black teenage girl in the 60's go to a white private school?

I am writing a short story in our schools newspaper about life in the past, and i wanted to do a story on a black girl attending an all white prep school.Could a black teenage girl in the 60's go to a white private school?
Schools were legally desegregated in the Brown v. Kansas Board of Eduction in 1954, but that was in public schools. I suppose it depends on the school. I was in a private predominately white girls Catholic school in the 60's as a kid, and there were just a few of us but there were Black girls in all grades.Could a black teenage girl in the 60's go to a white private school?
I went to parochial grammar and high school and we had black students both boys and girls the only thing you need is money to pay the tuition. Heck most of them had parents that were lawyers, doctors, architects and policemen. My dad was a railroad laborer I was the poor kid in my schools and I am white.
If it takes place after '64 than yeah.





There's also plenty of black students who demanded integration- and if they were the brightest- got it.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v._Bo鈥?/a>


http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/ar鈥?/a>
well in the 60's it depends now if shes real smart and has As and maybe a very high B yes otherwise no because they are real strict on a race other than what the school allows and if their grades are not perfect they arent accepted and if their grades drop while in school sometimes they get kicked out right then and there
I don't think so but when my mom was in high school after the 60's like the 70's she got transfer to an all white school her and some of the other black kids. Hope that helps. Whats funny is there was an all black school and all white school on the same street rofl.
I think they had to force Americans to let black people into private schools. They had the national guard there to protect them.
yes but she would feel rejected if she allowed all the mean words to effect her-white people like myself had parents who taught them wrong,and it hurt a lot of good people ,thank God things have changed?
My mum went to a grammar school in england in the 60s and there were a couple of black people in the 6th form.
i guess it is possible if your story does not take place in the south.
sure

No comments:

Post a Comment