Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How much money do you give your teenage kids for school shopping 13-16?

I would not give them money, that is not going to end well. Most likely, they are going to blow it on video games or something not so school related.





What stops you from going to the store and picking up their school supplies with them? My mom would take me with her and she would let me pick out what I wanted, as far as folder colors, type of erasers I wanted, ect..





We usually spent 30 to 45 dollars on supplies, and for clothes, mom would spent about three hundred for two kids.How much money do you give your teenage kids for school shopping 13-16?
i quit disagree with not giving them any money as stated above.





i would give them 60-70 euros a month. for which theyd have to buy clothing and do fun stuff.





ill explain why i feel this way:


- giving them money teaches them more about being responsible with money than doing the shopping for them.


- the amount should be just to little to do one shopping spree. this teaches them that if they want something, theyre going to have to save for it. meaning sacrificing something else, for 1 or 2 months to get the amount to buy what they need. this will teach them to apreciate the value of money








a 16 y/o is a slight different story, as i think 15-16y/o should get a job and earn money stocking shelves.How much money do you give your teenage kids for school shopping 13-16?
I don't give them money. Instead, school shopping is a one day family event that begins early and, sometimes, ends late.





First, we hit Wal-Mart for the actual school supplies. While we are there, we generally take care of underwear and socks, too. If there somthing is appealling and it fits, I get it.





My greatest challenge is jeans and shoes. By the end of the day, each of my kids has had at least one good smack upside the head for back talk, I am exhausted and $1000 poorer (I have 7 children).
I don't get any money, I just say what I need we'll buy it.





Considering that I usually only need more supplies (pencils, pens, etc.) it is usually quite cheap. I don't need to be given money and shop extensively, a pencil is a pencil.





Unless you meant something else by ';school shopping';.
depends where were shoppin and how deep the ck book is, I spend 10X on kids than myself, the kidz have the ';keepin up with the Jone's'; issues, they gotta have the latest fashion, to keep em happy good kids, they get it, but I make em work for it, dishes,laundry, housecleanin, boys mow the grass, nothins free
My father used to take me to the mall and give me $100.00. He told me to meet him back at the coffee shop in 1 hr. After I did that, He checked my clothes to make sure there weren't any spaghetti strapped shirts. He then took me to a department store to let me pick out the supplies. $100 doesn't buy much these days tho-





I think it all depends on how much you have to play with...and how much you can depend on your children to purchase the correct things. These days my daughter only gets a few brand new outfits and the rest we get from the thrift stores. She will be using her ';last year's'; back pack as $$ is really tight for me now.
im 16 and my parents don't give me any money. i save my money from holidays %26amp; birthdays then spend it on clothes and such. so every year i have about 1,500 to buy presents for others, and things for myself. i would get a job but not too many places hire 16 year olds and since the economy is doing horrible i dont think i could EVER find a job!
Basically, just enough for what they need. Let them mix and match last year's jeans, with new shirts - of course they'll need socks, undies, new backpacks, and shoes. The rest of clothes - they can pick them up as they go throughout the school year. I would not give them more than $300 a piece - that's plenty to start out with.
I always had to work for my school shopping, but hey they are not earning it so you really should go with them to see what they are buying, that's being a good parent, not a parent that let's there kids go crazy with the american express card.
Uniform?


That comes to about 拢150.. ($300)


Supplies, Pencils, Pens, Notebooks, etc about 拢10/$20


Bag - 拢15/拢30


so, roughly.. 拢175/$350
I don't have teenagers but my brothers get a limit of $200 each...that's for new clothes and school supplies. I usually take them shopping and they never really spend that much though.
I don't give them money, I take them shopping, I don't go over the top but I get them everything they need.
I'm going to take them shopping until they are 16, when they have a job and earn their own money.
$100 to buy everything they need, clothes included.
Gave them nothing except a (very nice) lunch box. What have they got at school that the kids must buy?? At exorbitant inflated prices!


Peace.
You don't give them anything, you do the shopping yourself.
My rents go shopping with me but so do my friend!!! I ususally spend lyk 800 to 900 dollars
$400-$500
my mom used to take me shopping. she never GAVE me money.
$200
None. Take them and be a parent.
each $300
my mom goes to the store with me
tell them to get a job
if they're over 15 they can get a job, so...NONE...if they're 13-14, maybe 10-20 a week, but they have to earn it...
a car(a 2010 mustang or a ferrari)
25-30 i would say depends if they are getting a new backpack.
$10,000 dollars each. Do it, and tell the other parents too.
A Dodge Viper, not to much $money$.
My dad gives me and my brother $3,000 each.
bout 500

No comments:

Post a Comment